Life is hectic in this household at the moment. With eldest revising for her AS levels and the youngest revising for GCSE's the stress levels are immense - as you can imagine.... still only another month!! lolxx Good job I've my craft to emerge into.....
Told you that there was another birthday and here's Clare's card
..... I adore Tim Holtz stamps and just had to have this chandelier, the card has been very heavily influenced by the white and black seen in blogland. There is something very elegant, clean and crisp about white and black isn't there?
I've also completed another set of inchies........ this one is for the swap on Zuzu's forum and the theme was "People and Wings". I decided to create some backgrounds with my new watercolour pencils and make them light and bright this time.......
My thoughts are with all you fellow crafters out there with teens taking exams.....lolxx...............tflxx
Saturday, April 26, 2008
A recent Gothic Arch challenge was "April showers". Whilst blog hopping I saw someone using diamond glaze on acetate and thought that this would be good way to produce raindrops!! I never seem to be able to get on with acetate. I've seen some gorgeous creations out there in blogland on acetate, but, try as I might, I can never get anything to look even vagely respectable!! Anyway, this arch did use acetate, I stamped the fairies on the back and added colour, then I dropped diamond glaze for the raindrops added a second generation alcohol inked background and here's the result. TFL xx
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
The lovely Mel, has nominated me for this award! Thank You Mel!
Here are the rules :
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The Award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte Y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these conditions.http://arteypico.blogspot.com
Its a hard choice to nomiate just five blogs, but, here goes:-
1. Anne Wilson - great doodle art!
2. Lazykay - always generous with her comments and her work.
3. Nat - my dear friend, whose tales always make me laugh! a fantastic scrapper too!
4. Ginger - fantastic altered art!
5. Deb - great pieces!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
..... and not one of them mine!! lolxx
I have been making cards, again, back to my roots, hey? These have reached their recipiants so now I can share, there are still another couple for this month to show too....
When DD gets home and I get my camera back, I'll show you the inchies I made last night... I might just share the stash I bought when I went to Ally Pally too.... tfl xx
Sunday, April 13, 2008
This latest "creation" is a birthday card made for Linda, the owner and designer of madjak stamps. The lady on the stamp is actually Linda, so I thought it only fitting to make her birthday card using that image!!
Crafting is such a great medium isn't it? Recently I've crossed paths with some friends from way back its really great to catch up with them and to be back in touch.
I must mention that yesterday, whilst on a crafting trip to Ally Pally, I met with Clare. Now, Clare and I have been friends for just yonks after meeting on a now defunct forum and staying in touch via email. Yesterday was the first time we actually met and I, for one had a great time, it was really lovely to eventually meet!