Monday, January 31, 2011

Tando on the wings piece

Di, over at Tando, has designed some great Valentine pieces for your projects...The winged heart on this piece has come from the Valentine Symbols pack which is great value as there are so many different elements included....

The idea for this has come from this months craft stamper..... the chipboard heart was painted with barn door distress ink and the wings painted with gold dauber.  When dry, the wings where stamped with black ink and a text stamp and then coated with with crackle glaze.    The heart and wings were edged with black soot distress ink and the little letters were then added..  The hinges were coloured using inka cold, a tim holtz stamped tag and pins finished off the front.....

Now, for the inside...

The red paper is by MME, and the red and black text 7 gypsies.  The little box, with the acetate front, is all ready for some goodies to be added.  I'm also going to add a tag to the inside pocket.

TFL xx

Sunday, January 30, 2011

orange and turquoise

Over on the Stampotique challenge blog the theme is Turquoise and Orange and this time you must use a stampotique stamp...

Here is a card I've made for a very dear crafting friend, the image is "Jasmin"

The backing paper is by Basic grey and the flowers are prima with turquoise studss...the blue stones are also from Prima...Jasmin was coloured using water colour pencils and the a mask created and a music stamp stamped over the top.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday xx

Saturday, January 29, 2011


Been having a play and joining in a few more swaps....

This atc is part of a set I made for a swap over at Bubbly Funk.....

The theme for the swap was "Grungeboard".  The base is grungeboard which was embossed using the cuttlebug and then coloured with a swipe of distress ink - the flower and butterfly are made out of grungepaper!  Hope the recipiants like them!

This second ATC is for a swap to be held at the Bramford Crop...The theme for this one was "Love"

so in keeping for February, hey?  The base is mountboard which was subjected to the ferro treatment and coated with paints and inka gold.  The wings, crown and heart are grungeboard embellishments, the heart had terra stamped into it then hi-lighted.  The wings were painted with gold acryllic then stamped and then coated with rock candy!

Question for my blog visitors - as you might, or might not know, I have a sizeable collection of viva decor inka gold! can you imagine my horror when I opened one of these pots a while ago to find it covered with mould! I never put them away wet and leave the lids off whilst using them.  They are stored in a dry and dark place away from any heat source - has anyone else experienced this? or is it just me??

TFL xx

Monday, January 17, 2011

try it on a Tuesday...

I'm getting into the swing of these challenge blogs and here I am scrapping in by the skin of my teeth on "try it on a Tuesday" where the challenge is to create a tag for a man...

so, here's Dad's tag:-
my usual fav's of distress inks and my hero Timmy stamps were used to create this....

TFL xx

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Having a play...

Whilst having a trawl through the challenge blogs I thought its about time I started to participate more....I have several stampotique stamps and decided to have a go at their latest challenge which was to use "masking" in your finished piece...


I have created this:-

 The card base was created using chalk inks through a stencil, the cardstock is by cosmo cricket and basic grey.  The image is Jasmin which was stamped onto cardstock and then cut out using a nestie - I then made a mask using a post-it note and stamped a text stamp over the top.  Jasmin was then coloured in using watercolouring pencils.

TFL xx

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tando piece

Di, over at Tando has designed some lovely new pieces for the new season, one of them being this frame.... circular in shape, it has a scalloped front piece, blank back panel and the frame slotted legs.

Here's my decorated frame:-

The frame legs were embossed using the cuttlebug and then a distress ink pad swiped over, they were then sprayed with glimmer mist and then stamped with sepia ink - the edges were then dabbed with gold dauber.

The base of the frame was painted with a variety of dylusions acryllic paints and then stamped with a variety of stamps in black ink.  The image was cut from a sheet of graphics 45 steampunk paper - this was adhered to the base lifting up the arm and sections of the wings to bring both the front of the frame and the base together.   The front was painted with the same paints and stamped with sepia ink.  Once adhered to the base, carefully attaching the lifted parts, the edges were then hi-lighted using orange inka gold.  The butterflies were cut from the remains of the steampunk sheet and their bodies beaded.  Clock faces and flowers on the body have been hi-lighted using glossy accents.

Pop on over to the Tando Creative Blog and see what other new pieces are now available.

TFL xx