Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tando Wednesday

Ever had one of those weeks when nothing has gone right? everything just seems to be an upward battle these last few days....this week's piece for Tando was supposed to be utee and beeswax and I was going to do a beeswax piece - had it all planned in my head....placed the beeswax pellets into the melt pan, switched it on, and made a coffee and then realised it had got far tooooooo hot!!! more beeswax ordered!! and when it comes I'll do the piece and watch what I'm doing!! lol

So, needless to say my pieces this week are utee!!


The first piece is on a journalling block, covered with two layers of clear utee and then coloured powders added to the top, when heated they all melt into a really rich colour - I've used a brown, blue and a rich raspberry (all cosmic shimmer) then I stamped into the image and when cool added inka gold.

this second piece I had planned for the beeswax! it uses another journalling block which was coloured using distress stains and then tissue paper adhered.....the edges were then covered with molten utee...when cool buttons and a tando cog was added.....


Joanne has created a totally gorgeous hanging this week you'll all love it...

Next week is our last week of techniques do hope you'll join us for that...

Have a good week


TFL xx

4 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Love your journaling blocks especially the first one. Putting colours on top of clear hot UTEE gives such magical effects XOXO Zoe

Angelnorth said...

Gah, hope that wax didn't smell too bad! I love your multi-coloured UTEE piece, looks fab!

Nat said...

Absolutely gorgeous though Carol!! Will look forward to seeing the beeswax though, not seen that used before xxx

Kathy said...

wow, these are stunning - I always look at your crafting in awe - so many fab techniques at your fingertips!