Tuesday, July 12, 2011

12.07.11

Well it appears that Mr Mojo might have just returned home, about time too!! I've been really struggling to find any get and up and go, especially where my crafting is concerned, since I returned from holiday, but, at last I think I'm back to "normal" whatever that may be!

Each month I set our table at the Bramford crop little challenges to test them and see what they come up with - since I've been away last time I went I set them two...one was a little wooden domino and the other was to alter a jigsaw piece that I could put together and hang on my wall alongside one we did similar about 2 years ago...

So, here are my pieces:-

The base is a piece from a childrens jigsaw I bought in a local charity shop.  The base was painted with viva decor crocco paint in turquoise and when dry I edged it with viva decor inka gold.  The hand was moulded out of clay and then painted with acryllic paint and aged using the inka gold.  The watch face was tinted using distress stains, an image from my fav graphics 45 paper and a crown finished off the piece.

Domino:-

The base was coloured using bronze inka gold, then viva decor terra placed on the edge and stamped, this was then heated to make it bubble, once cool inka gold was smeared over the top (grief I sound like an viva decor addict here!!) Beads were adhered to the corner and a piece of graphics 45 paper added and watch parts added for texture.  A Tim Holtz clasp altered it to a fob piece...

TFL xx

5 comments:

Zoechaos said...

you are not the only Viva addict the range is just so different and rich and tactile and fun!

These two pieces are both Gems so textural and juicy. XOXO Zoe

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW! Glad you collared your mojo you make a great team :D

Fabby artwork as always ♥

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Flippin gorgeous pieces Carol xx

Kathy said...

wow - this is just fabulous, Carol

Nat said...

You make the most amazingly detailed little masterpieces Carol!! :) xxx