Monday, August 8, 2011

08.08.11 - Tando Challenge

Morning.

Remember last Monday the Tando Challenge blog went live....have you seen the fab examples by Zoe, Karen and  Kaz yet?

Today its the turn of my Tando Partner in inky deliciousness Joanne and I to showcase our pieces...

Now the theme for August is "go wild" and you know me, always thinking outside the box...so I've come up with this...

So, ok I can see you're all asking yourself "what on earth was she thinking!" well, "Take a walk on the wild side" ...lol  The base is a canvas board which I painted with dylusions paints and then using a thin paint brush I added highlights in black, white circles were stamped and then the entire board was spritzed with a colour wash.  The Tando boot was painted with black acryllic paint and then using the tando cog stencil I applied a thick layer of paint, rocking it slightly to give it a raised edge - once dry I applied inka terra to the top, heel and toe and sliced thro' using a spatula...this was then heated until it bubbled.  Once dry I applied inka gold using a piece of cut and dry foam - where the paint was raised it has caught the product giving it hi-lights...the boot was then laced using bakers twine and a few beaded pins added to give a bit of bling...Lettering done with rub-ons and dymo tape....

If you get a chance do play along with us at Tando - this month all you have to create a new piece based on the theme "Go Wild" - it doesn't have to include any Tando products, but, if you do you'll be entered into the draw twice.  The prize is fab - you get to choose 4 tando products from a fantastic selection - how fab is that....pop on over to the blog and have a go...

TFL xx

5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Love the use of the cogs mask here - didn't recognise it to start off with! Fab piece!

Janet said...

Love your "Go Wild" Carol,it's fab
Janet x

Nancy said...

I love the shoe and the laces, it's brilliant. Hope you are well.

Nancy x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Absolutley brilliant Carol xxx

Willy said...

Love that shoe, Carol! Wonderful piece!!