Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tando Creative Challenge...

This week on the Tando Creative Challenge blog its my turn for my "Alter it" piece

I've had several wooden boxes in my stash for a while and so decided to alter one to store all my bingo numbers in.

The box was coated with a pale blue acryllic paint and then paperartsy fresco crackle glaze smeared on and then white acryllic over the top - this paperartsy paint is totally brilliant! see the cracks on the box?

I've then tried to age the edges using distress ink and viva decor inka gold.  I thenstamped a number stamp by Tim Holtz along the sides of the box...the keyhole and keys I found in my stash...some rope finished off around the edge.


The top has been decorated withTando flowers which were covered with distress ink and then stamped a black pen was used to draw inside the edges and then a coat of crackle glaze added, the Tando hearts were treated in the same way and the Tando frame was coated with frantage embossing enamel and then little stickers added....a tape measure, beaded pin, lace and number tokens finished it all off.



Pop on over to the Tando Creative blog and see what the other DT members have come up with...and the prize for this months lucky winner is a Works of Parts kit...

TFL
xx

1 comment:

Karen said...

ooo I am very impressed with this Carol, its superb!!! I just know that I have to get some of that crackle glaze too, have been looking for an alternative hahaha xxx