Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday

The weeks are flying and we are now heading towards August with frightening speed.  That means that Josh will soon be going back to Uni and I, along with all other Mums, will be starting to make lists to ensure that he has everything ready to go back with.  At least this year he'll be starting on time!!

I made a terrible blunder on Friday, and one I don't intend to make again.  I'd signed up to do a post for Tando Creative and it was only on Friday morning that I remembered, running late for work, there was no way I could do the post before I left - so, I've done it today! The piece had been made, well, altered on many occassions to ensure that we didn't fall foul of protocol! ages ago just totally forgot about writing up the post!! duh

This past week the team have been focusing on "Circles" and here is my contribution







The base is from a circle frame.  I covered it with a layer of distress stain, then using the multi circle mask I added distress ink, then I used the sequin mask to add another colour ontop...using black and white pens I then doodled hi-lights onto the backing.  Did you see Joannes You Tube vid on Wednesday, if not take a look here, I used this technique to produce the circles down the middle which were from the circle grab bag.  The border across the base is a sizzix alterations die and coloured using dylusions ink sprays.  The Butterfly's are the new minis - wow I love all of those minis - have you seen them yet? These ones were coloured using distress inks and then outlined with a gold pen and then glossy accents over the top, the cogs are from the cogs grab bag, coloured with distress inks, stamped and then crackle glaze added - these were embedded into stampendous frantage enamel (love that stuff!!) the sequin mask was used in the top section with texture paste and a little colour added....

Don't forget that today sees the blog hop winner announced and one lucky person will get a fab prize - if you took part pop on over to the blog to see if it was you!

TFL xx



5 comments:

Janet said...

Fab circle Carol
Janet x

Dana Tatar said...

Fun piece! I love all the textured layers! =)

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous creation Carol. Looks like you had lots of fun with this ♥

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Gorgeous circles Carol, so much dimension and texture!

Sue

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

o much dimension and texture Carol, it's gorgeous xxx