Thursday, March 14, 2013

melt pot magic

a few Saturday's ago a group of us,  Tracey, Janet and Karen, went to Birds in the Barn in Marks Tey for a Melt Pot Magic workshop with Hels Sheridan.  I'm ashamed to say that the OH bought me a melt pot a fair few years ago and its been gathering dust, literally, unopened ever since, so this workshop really was a must for me!! and we created this:-


as well as gaining confidence with the melt pot - we also learnt how to do paint scraping which is a great technique! the stamps we used were the new stamps by Paperartsy and Jo Firth-Young and which ended up in my basket!! the little owl is a mould which was filled with coloured utee.... a great day with a great end project canvas.

TFL xx

2 comments:

chrissie said...

This is wonderful Carol and the new stamps look terrific.

Well done for having a go with the melt pot--I haven't got one so must look them up.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Karen said...

I have so far resisted the urge for a melt pot hahaha. I really like this Carol! Its really good to see JOFY stamps done without colour too. Love your little owl my lovely :D xxx