Sunday, June 9, 2013

Masks for Tando

Over on the Tando Creative Blog this week we have all been playing with masks...Tando  have a fantastic range of masks available and all are fantastic with various mediums...today I've used the Andy Skinner burning rubber 12" x 3" mask to create this card...


I placed the mask to the left hand side and used tape to hold it in place whilst I inked with distress ink....I then cut some letters and the 21 on my cricut and then coloured in using the same distress ink, doodled around the edges and stamped with a crackle stamp.....washi tape and a rusty old key was added to the front...

Unfortunately Josh's 21's wasn't the birthday we would have liked for him.  We ended up in A&E until 3am after my OH collapsed at the restaurant and was rushed to hospital in an ambulance (he appears to be ok now) - poor ol' Josh - mind you we had a "take 2" yesterday which didn't end up in A&E!! lol

TFL xx

7 comments:

Traceyr said...

Oh my what an eventful birthday Josh had. Hope your husband is ok now Carol.

Great card and I love the rusty key touch on the front too.

:)

chrissie said...

Hope your OH is ok now Carol it must have been a shock for all of you.

Love the card that you made. I have a couple of masks but don't seem to be able to get them right yet--must try harder lol

Love Chrissie xx

Gibby Frogett said...

So sorry to hear what happened at the birthday celebrations, hoping your OH is ok now.

Loving your grungey/grungy (never know if it has an 'e' in that LOL)card.

I must practise more with masks - considering we stencilled our bedroom years ago, with a hanging garden theme and greek columns and made some of the stencils myself - I should do this better, but have lost the knack lately :(
Like what 'Chrissies' said, I must try harder too ....Gill x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Fab use of stencils and great card. Hope you all enjoyed take two and hubby is on the mend.

sue x

Cocofolies said...

Hi Carol, I love your card with these two extra large and wonderful numbers !!! Hope all things are going well now for your husband oops.. xx

Angelnorth said...

Oh dear, I fully exepectd that sentence to finish with Josh having a problem - so sorry to hear DH provided the drama this time around, hope he's feeling much better. The card looks fab though, nice to see a nod to the old "key to the door" too!

Dawn said...

Hope OH is ok now Carol, how sad and always scary when things like that happen. I love your card, beautifully done my lovely, perfect for the occasion and I'm sure Josh loved it. Lol, I had a play with that mask again this morning, can see it becoming a staple stash item!! Thank-you so much for your sweet visit too, much appreciated.
Huge hugs x x x x