Thursday, January 2, 2014

Paperartsy inspired piece

so, yesterday, 1st January 2014, I spent a very enjoyable few hours in my craft room - inspired by the video created by Leandra over at Paperartsy I decided to give her techniques a go…



the basis was to create tinted grunge paste using the fresco's paint range… that was the easy part! then to add the paints, in a patchwork theme, onto canvas - I learnt here that I tend to err on the "less is more" theory and for this that doesn't work!! lol I also realised that perhaps I should have thought about things more than just go with it…. you put a wash over the top - lesson learnt "don't rub with the baby wipe just dab!!" lol - the result is ok…think I will try the techniques again tho - but this time using more mixture and smaller blocks.  I did add a few extras!! the blocks were outlined using a stilo pencil and I edged the canvas board with paint and added a bit of treasure gold…. The frame is a part of a Tando kit and the metal embellishments and key are from my stash.

Pop on over to the Paperartsy blog and take a look at the videos by Leandra, each one so different and all so full of inspiration.

TFL xx

3 comments:

chrissie said...

This is stunning Carol. I love the wonderful colours you have chosen

Happy 2014

Chrissie x

Karen said...

This looks fab Carol. I love watching those tutorials, HUGS xxx

Cocofolies said...

Really beautiful this one too once again!!! :) xxx