Saturday, May 17, 2014

Card inspired by Keren Baker

This week over on the Paperartsy blog Keren Baker has been sharing her fantastic clean and simple designs…. this card really caught my eye at the beginning of the week, along with the cut out image frame too…I just had to make the card…so here it is…


I used the same Lynne Perrella set as used on the original card and coloured the faces with caran d'ache watercolour pencils…I then added a layer of glossy accents….I looked into the possibility of mounting the images onto brightly coloured card stock - but!!! decided on black! really must get out of this "black" habit! I decided to give the background a very pale stencilled look - so using tumbled glass distress ink and a harlequin stencil I added a pale grounding for my black washi tape! then I added the images and added a few pieces of bling.

I'm sitting here in my craft room with music playing and the windows open, playing - what a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon!! 

Hope you're all having a lovely Saturday xx

TFL xx

6 comments:

Anne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Carol, not like your usual style but I think it suits you - you do CAS beautifully!! x

Keren Baker said...

Gorgeous. I think the black is a perfect foil to the colour and a great idea using glossy accents too. Glad I could inspire you a little! x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love how you coloured the mages.

Darcy Marshall said...

This is fab, really like it.

chrissie said...

Beautiful clean and crisp card Carol with a wonderful choice of colours

Love Chrissie x

Trish said...

Oh they are lovely!