Sunday, May 18, 2014

Darcy Month 4

When I saw Darcy's Paperartsy Journalling pages for May I just loved the colours and knew that I just had to get the same effect….. unfortunately, mine aren't quite as green, think that it needed a bit more guacamole?



I had great fun creating these pages - it was the first time that I had stencilled grunge paste onto material, not sure if it was my thing, but, I tried it…..my tissue flowers disappeared totally and my paint drips didn't drip that much!! at least I know how much water is needed next time!! lol.  I used patterned paper for the texture on my plain pages, typically I had had a de-stash of bits the week before the post went live!! lolxx (if you read the original post here you'll know what I'm getting at).

A big Thank you to Darcy for another great set of pages can't wait until next week when the next ones are published.

TFL xx

5 comments:

Janet said...

Great pages Carol

Helen said...

oh, Carol I think these pages look just great!! My drips were too drippy!

Karen said...

For all you are saying that things went wrong with these pages I still think they are extremely beautiful my lovely!!! So much work is involved...you must be pleased with them :-D I love your card below too...very smart! xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

Gorgeous! your drips are just right, they aren't meant to be promiment, just a layer in the background. I even see some of your tissue flowers peeping through. I am so glad you are enjoying the pages. i am loving them too and learning lots myself.

Jules said...

Great pages! Love the way you painted the flower heads :)