Sunday, May 25, 2014

journal page

This morning I have been having a play in my craft room - listening to my music….so peaceful!

So, inspired by this post on Paperartsy by Helen Mezengarb, I made this:-


I liked Helens idea of the scrunched tissue on the base of my page, but, since my clear up I can't find my dress patterns…they are somewhere but frustration was setting in, so tissue paper from OH's new shirt was used instead!! lol   So, I  started off by adding grungepaste and torn tissue to my page then adding paint - I added three blues from paperartsy fresco paints, but, I have now put them away and can't remember which ones!! lol a light, medium and dark! .  I then added treasure gold to the tissue and the raised grungepaste.  I then added stamps from the new Ellen Vargo (EEV006) plate using the darker of the blue paint on my mat….. I then stamped from the Lynne Perrella plate (LPC028) direct onto my page using watering can archival ink.  I stamped mini EM03 direct to my page and then onto smoothy card stock and then painted in using the same paints, the smoothy card stock was then cut out and added to my base using silicone glue…only the top darker blue painted area is added the rest was painted on the main page….. the saying was stamped from EDY07 onto smoothy card stock and then coloured using distress inks….I painted the middle of my stamped cogs and added a layer of neocolour 2's to the edge before doodling and adding a date stamp…what a lovely Sunday mid-morning isn…now to make the birthday cards I should have been doing!!! lol

TFL xx

7 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

Great page, and well done for repurposing the tissue paper, lol I do that all the time.

Sarah B said...

love the colours and the loads of detail to look at xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lucy x

chrissie said...

A really lovely creation Carol and it sounds like you really enjoyed making it and listening to the music as well.

Hope you enjoy tomorrow just as much

Love Chrissie xx

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Love all the effects Carol, super work.

Karen said...

Oh this is a fabulous page Carol! I can see how much you enjoyed working on it! Love it !!! Xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful artwork and creations Carol. I've had a lovely catch up with your blog. Keep on inspiring girl xxoo