Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Stencil week

Each week over on the Tando Creative blog we have a theme - this week is to use stencils.  The Tando creative stencils are really robust and the thick format of them make them perfect for all mediums - they clean up really well too.

I have made this hanging for my project:-


I used texture paste thro'  Andy Skinner stencils - burning rubber and children, adding texture with my palette knife to the children (the children stencil is really good value as you get small and large images with two different shaped balloons with the masks too). When the paste had set the entire piece was painted with paperartsy fresco paints,  paint was then added thro' the sequin mask.  By putting the stencils back over your raised shapes you can get a cleaner image - so replacing my stencils I added black paint to my children images and treasure gold to the burning rubber shapes…highlights and shadows were then added with doodling on the edges to finish off the piece.

We have new posts most days so pop on over to the Tando blog for more stencilling fun…

TFL xx

3 comments:

chrissie said...

This is wonderful Carol and such a great colour to chose for the ackground

Chrissie x

Traceyr said...

Great tips there Carol on using those media. :)

Karen said...

I hope you have this lovely piece hanging somewhere Carol? It must remind you of your two :-D xxx