Saturday, August 30, 2014

missing?

How time flies - I really don't know where this year is going…nearly September already!

I made this piece intending to take part in the Paperartsy challenge for the week, a few weeks ago, unfortunately, I pulled the tendons in my shoulder and to say it was painful doesn't even touch on it! couldn't sleep, couldn't eat! (mind you that part won't do me any harm!!) - it is getting better - but, I really don't want to go there again - anyhow, in the end I missed the deadline!! never mind, I still had fun making this…


The base is a 2" square piece of stampbord - for this piece I stamped a Lynne Perella stamp with black ink onto the base and then added distress ink.  I found that the colours really lost their vivid ump! so, I decided to try again, using inches, and inking first then stamping and this is the result.


Both use the same distress inks - big difference hey?

Here they are all together.


Each board was scrapped away to reveal the white board underneath - its ages since I played with stampbord this project has definitely regenerated my interest!

TFL xx

3 comments:

Traceyr said...

ouch Carol that sounded painful, glad to read you're on the mend.

I have some stampbord somewhere too and your post has made me think I really need to use it. Never thought of scraping away to give texture thanks for the idea. x

:)

chrissie said...

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Carol hope it gets better soon.

The artwork on the pieces is very beautiful with wonderful toned backgrounds

Love Chrissie x

Karen said...

WOW!!!!! that's a lot of scratching but so worth it all! These are absolutely STUNNING my lovely!!!! Gentle hugs and I am so pleased that your shoulder is on the mend xxx