Saturday, September 27, 2014

Box canvas inspired by Gillian Simson

You know when you see a creation and are just taken with it? sometimes it takes a while to "get it" but others you just go wow? well, that was how I was with this box canvas by Gillian Simson over on the Paperartsy blog….the original post is here…

here is my piece:-


I used the same colours for the project.  I used a Tando large swirl mask for my background stencilling, which I followed thro' onto the side and top (duh! lol), I used a text stamp from the Lynne Perella set LPC028 and the new Sarah Newman stamps too… the background for the feathers was created using a brayer….I painted a couple of cotton reels and then stamped using the text stamp with the paler blue (space cadet and lake wanaka)…..the top had a piece of hessian and cotton frayed and then a button was added…all the edges were given a thick coat of treasure gold and then buffed when dry...

Thank you for the inspiration Gillian.

TFL xx

3 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is lovely carol!

Lucy x

Karen said...

This is truly beautiful my lovely! Hugs x

Trish said...

It's really beautiful!