Monday, May 11, 2015

TANDO - PEEL IT BACK

This week over on the Tando creative blog the theme is:-

PEEL IT BACK

the theory behind this one is to get the chipboard wet and then peel back the layers… this is harder than it sounds as the chipboard is such good quality you have to let the water soak in a fair while before attempting to separate the layers..

I have made this:-


I started off with an atc and spritzed it with water.. I left it for about 10 mins and then peeled off the top layer by rolling it back.. once I was happy with the corners and sides I left it over night to dry.  I selected two butterflies from the grab bag and spritzed with water and when soaked in, peeled back a couple of layers, ensuring that the body of the butterfly was left intact.. I then rolled the top wings and left over night to dry.

Once dry a light coating of acrylic paint was added - the bottom of the atc was stamped with a text stamp and then "wish", treasure gold was added to the rolled edges.  The butterflies were given a coating of rock candy distress crackle paste after some black doodling had been added…

Don't forget you can join in with our weekly themes and for one lucky player there is a prize! pop on over to the Tando blog and see what the other DT members have been up to and also join in with our challenge.

TFL xx

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Carol!!!!! I love love love what you have done here!!! The butterflies look gorgeous! xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Really clever Carol ♥