Monday, April 25, 2016

Tando - Spring has sprung

Spring is sprung is this weeks theme over on the Tando Creative blog - I don't know where you are in the country, but, its flipping cold here! don't know about Spring has sprung more like Winter is back!

So, in order to try and feel more spring like I've made this rather bright journal page.



The base is my large art journal.  I started the background by applying Ranger texture paste in opaque matte (wow I like this! lovely and thick, dries quickly and with the ability to be smooth or add peaks, my new fav!) thro' the mini distress diamond mask - once dry I added some DecoArt fluid acrylic paints…. various doodling and stencilling was then added to the page using paint and inks… I then added some gold texture paste thro' the mini distress sequin waste stencil….. a couple of Tando mini butterflies were also painted using the DecoArt colours.  Using some distress crayons I created a masterboard and then stamped the flowers from the Paperartsy plate EKC0, I cut these out and then gave them, and the butterflies, a coating of Distress collage medium - crazing…a stamped saying from another paperartsy plate, some washi tape and a bit of prima bling finished off the page.

Don't forget there is still time to join in with this months challenge over on the Tando blog…hope to see you there.

For the first time ever I have combined both of my DT responsibilities for this week, time has just been against me  - please see the Tando Creative blog and also Papermaze Scrap, paper and scissors...

xx

No comments: