Monday, April 11, 2016

Watercolour technique week...

Hi, its my turn to post over on the Tando blog today.

A new thing for 2016 was to have a regular technique week.  Tando products are so versatile and this give us, as a DT, the opportunity to show how our techniques work with various products.

The technique this week is watercolour.  I do love my watercolour pencils, but, obviously they weren't going to be any good on naked chipboard - but, I did have a lovely travel set of watercolours which hadn't seen the light of day - so, I decided to use those and made this:-


The base is one of the long tags, which are a recent Tando release.  I gessoed the base and then added some acrylic paint, once dry I added some stencilling and doodling to my background.  I then stamped my flowers and heat embossed with white embossing powder (which is something I took from a recent workshop at Birds in the Barn with Kay Carley).  I then added some white watercolour paint to the petals, once dry I then watercolored them.  The mini butterflies had a layer of white paint and then several different layers of red paint…all just to try and add some depth to the wings.  The butterflies were then doodled before a little white pen shading was added.

Pop on over to the Tando this week for some more watercolour projects.

TfL 


1 comment:

Karen said...

This is lovely Carol x